During the summer, the swimming pool of a dwelling has special prominence. Nowadays, there are different alternatives for the maintenance of a swimming pool; traditional chlorine or salt water. What are their differences?
The salt water pools use sodium chloride, that is, the salt we consume daily. This type of swimming pool has a saline chlorination system; devices that are incorporated into the pool cleaning system whose function is activated during the water filtering process.
It is important to keep in mind that although it is salt water, it contains chlorine, although to a lesser extent. Its use is essential for the proper maintenance of the pool.
What is the function of saline chlorination system?
1. In the filtration process, the water passes through the saline chlorinator.
2. Receive the dose of chlorine needed to kill unwanted microorganisms and keep the water clean.
3. Chlorine production system through electrolysis. It contributes to the increase of the pH of the water, so that the chlorine does not lose effectiveness and the levels are maintained properly.
What benefits can they have?
– Economic savings. In both maintenance and use of chemicals, if a stable level is maintained, the consumption of chemicals is reduced.
– The salt does not evaporate, only salt is lost when entering and leaving the pool. Although more water is added, the salt level will be the same, and its cost is very low.
– Reduced accident risks by using a reduced amount of chemicals.
– Prevents negative consequences for people allergic to chlorine.
– Irritations on the skin, eyes and hair are avoided.
Currently, both maintenance systems are available in the market and it is each customer who chooses which system he prefers for the maintenance of his pool. Among the many services that we offer in MASA for the construction and the maintenance of houses, we also provide the installation of saline pools or chlorine pools.